Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lindsay's Last meal....

Oh, it was good....So Good!!!

My belly is full with McDonald's goodness. Just the way I like it: 10 piece chicken nugget, 3 honeys, regular fry, and a diet coke. I even filled up my soda again before I left. I never do that. My belly is warm and happy.

I have always believed that I would make a really bad Catholic. Not because of anything inparticular, just cause I have a natural instinct to go my own way, and to put my foot in my mouth. I have always seen myself never fitting in, violating all these traditions that have been apart of their faith for thousands of years. Like the lil peguine in the movie "Happy Feet". I imagine going up for communion and reaching for the cracker and my friend Father Bill smacking me in the head....You're not suppose to reach for crackers.

But there are a few traditions that Catholics do that I uphold. I find them important to recognize. One of them is Lent. This is the time that we recognize Jesus' 40 days in the desert being tempted, people usually give something up, and don't eat meat on Fridays. This year I have decided to give up multiple things. One, because it is Lent and I want to honor it. Two, because it is 2009, I need to give up things that will challenge my character for 40 days!!

The Things to be sacrificed starting tomorrow are:

#1) No fast food. This is defined as a resturant that doesn not serve you at your table. This does not include Qdoba but does include Mondello's.
#2) No french fries. This is my favorite food. They are ketchup transporters. They are yum.
#3) No alcohol. Not that I am some kind of junkie, I am just wanting to give up things I want but don't really ever need.
#4) No soda. No problem. I only drink it for the caffine, I'll take up black tea.
#5) No Days of Our Lives. I have watched it constistantly since the age of 12. It is time to let it go and let that hour be used more efficiently over the next 40 days. And hopefully over that time everyone will find out that Nicole has Sami's baby. That storyline sucks. (Leave her, EJ!!)

Those are definite. I am excited to see how these habits change me from day to day. Will I stop craving ketchup in the night? Will I loose my sense of self from 1pm-2pm? Will I detox in some way from the grossness of some of my habits? I hope so!! I hope so for all of them!!

You see, because it is only by challenge do we build our character. It is the point of this blog, to challenge and change. It is the reason Jesus went cruising around the desert for 40 days. To build (and prove) his godly character!!

That is why, even if you are religious or not! I challenge you all to give something up with me for the next 40 days. Bust your cycle! Change the hapits of your life. Even if it is something small, you will see the challenge pop up and pick on you in small ways. You will still experience it!

If you are up for the challenge I ask that you post a comment of what you are going to drop for the next 40 days and how you expect it to bust your cycle!

Remember: You can't get to there by doing nothing....

0 comments: