Thursday, February 19, 2009

Waiting....Being Luney....And Postal....


I will always be the first to admit my emotional craziness...

I hadn't received mail since Friday. Friday. That is nearly a whole week. A whole week without a Wal-mart add, car advertisements, or a letter from Denver Seminary....

There are only so many times you can go out and see if you have mail, while screaming at the top of your lungs before your neighbors think your crazy. And there are only so many times you can curse the cute little old man that brings your mail before you begin to think you're crazy. So what can you do?

The way I see it you have two options: (A) Wait, patiently, maybe clean your house, or do extra work to keep your mind off of things. OR (B) Be MORE crazy, calling everyone you know who is involved with your letter (The local US postal office, the Federal US postal office, The University Admissions office, The University's Office of Registrar, etc.) Trying to track it down, or find out what it said. I chose (B).

After spending a good hour making sure that all these people knew EXACTLY who I was and on what level of Luneyville I was living on; I was back, waiting, sitting, and overanalying every conversation. "Why did Denver Seminary pass me around to so many people? If I had made it in, why didn't they just tell me I made it in? Do they not like to give bad news over the phone? Why do I have to wait for a certain person to call me back?" "When the person who put me on hold pick up again, why did she sound so dismal?"

All answers have left me to the same conclusion that I must share with you all and begin to prepare myself for: I didn't get in. I didn't. There is no way, not with how they were talking to me on the phone, and let's face it my application was not that great! I have a good GPA and great references, but I still have a lot of blunders that they have to look at. I raised so many questions, they had to call and do a conference call interview last week before they made a final decision!!

Well, if I didn't get in, then you will not be checking in watching me complete two of my major goals for the year: Moving to Denver, and Going to the School of my Dreams. I guess I will have to come up with crazier goals for the year to keep your (and my) attention.

Bungy Jumping anyone...

0 comments: