Friday, February 6, 2009

A BIg Waste of TIme

Alright. So there has been this list being bounced around on Facebook.com. It's kinda annoying. You write 25 Things about yourself and then tag 25 people. All was fine and Dandy until I got tagged a gazillion times to do it. So I decided that I was going to show this list whose the boss; and I did 125 things about me!!.....And wasted five hours.

So to make myself feel better about the five hours I'll never get back, Here the premiere of 125 about Lindsay:

#1. I have a deep unconditional love for Batman. I feel that there is a lot of things that we can learn from Batman when it comes to Changing the world and how we must discipline ourselves to do just that. Whenever I am discouraged I watch Batman Begins or my Batman Cartoons on DVD.

#2. I am fascinated with domesticity. I love learning how things were done before there was a grocery store or a Target. Because of that I have become highly proficient in Crochet, cooking, baking, and canning. If the world ends, I'll be able to feed and cloth everyone.

#3. I love coins. I like to collect them. Part of this is whenever I got stressed out as a child I would count the coins in my piggy bank. Now I collect rare coins and piggy banks. But they have to look like a pig.

#4. I have chronic nightmares. Because of this I have to severely censure what TV and movies I watch. It's the only way to control it.

#5. I used to despise my father. I went out of my way to avoid him. He is now my best friend. He is truly a dying breed in America of people who didn't go to college, yet can make a good living just with hard work and skill.

#6. As much as I sometimes complain I absolutely love my job and couldn't imagine doing anything else.

#7. I feel most relaxed and like myself when I an wearing Tie-Dye.

#8. No matter what color medium I am using; I HAVE TO organize it by colors of the rainbow. I have done this forever. Picture 6-year-old Lindsay with a 64 color crayon box. It would take me a whole day.

#9. I believe that my dog was personally created by God just for me.

#10. I hate poverty more than anything in the world. It makes me truly angry and I want to do everything I can to provide and advocate for people.

#11. I can sing kind of well. But only to Jesus songs.

#12. I believe my older sister looks like Britney Spears before she met K-Fed.

#13. I REALLY love British television.

#14. I'm really not funny, I just say whats in my head. It sometimes gets me in trouble.

#15. I still have all the stuffed animals that I loved as a child.

#16. I've always wanted Dread Locks. Ricks says that they are nasty, that's why I've never done it.

#17. I don't like Planet Earth, because for 45 minutes they make you watch a poor Polar Bear walk around and die. Thanks Planet Earth. Thanks a lot. You have no soul.

#18. The way I picked my sponsored child from World Vision was he was wearing a batman t shirt.

#19. I lay down in the shower. Before you judge you should try it yourself. It's freakin' awesome.

#20. I still won't watch movies that terrified me as a child. this includes but is not limited to: "Who framed Roger Rabbit?", "Disney Pinocchio", "Howard the Duck", and "Gremlins".

#21. I have child like tendencies with everything. Disney World is a mad house, and there are toys everywhere in my house. Have you seen my Gumby set?!

#22. i believe that the reason my family is so crazy and close is because of our Hispanic heritage. I may not look it, but the influence is definitely there.

#23. I love trashy reality TV. This includes "The Hills", "Rock of Love, and "Jon and Kate plus Eight"

#24. I have watched "Days of Our Lives" regularly since I was 12 years old.

#25. I have been the same height since the 5th grade.

#26. I'm allergic to Chap Stick. The only thing I can use is Burt's Bees.

#27 My eyes are Blue and then turn Brown toward the center.

#28 I Met my husband when I wan a Junior in High School.

#29. Once I see Europe, I will be willing to have a baby.

#30. I used to know all the dances that *NSYNC did. Thank God, I have lost that ability with time.

#31. I am so over my weight. But I'm pretty successful at not letting it define me or my worth.

#32. My favorite book in the bible is the Book of John.

#33. I love Jam bands. Especially Blue Grass Jam bands. That's just joyful.

#34. I naturally reject conformity. It is why I don't have my ears pierced and why I went SO long without getting an Ipod. I don't like to be like "Everybody else". It is also the one thing stopping me from getting my tattoo.

#35. I have not watched "Doctor Who" Since David Tennant announced he was leaving. I am still mourning.

#40. I love broccoli.

#41. AS a child I was freakishly quiet. My mother would loose track of me often, and have to find me in the house.

#42. As a child I used to tie my barbie dolls to the legs of chairs, tables, bedposts. My mother thought I was going to be a serial killer, and even asked the pediatrician about it.

#43. I love green so much, I have to be careful when decorating my house or else all rooms would be green themed.

#44. My mother hated many things in my Wedding until the Day of. She thought it was going to be ugly. Afterward she was able to admit that it was very pretty and very Lindsay.

#45. My life has pretty much gone how I had hoped. I wanted to be married really young and it has been awesome.

#46. My mother has taught me the majority of the bad words I know. Thanks mom ;)

#47. Rick has taught me the majority of the big words I know and when to use "good" and when to use "well".

#48. On the ACT I got a 28 in Math, a 26 in English and a 14 in Reading.

#49. I loved My college years but I do not ever want to live in Laramie again.

#50. If I ever get rich I would like an Apartment either in DC or in New York.

#51. I want to adopt a child from Asia. REALLY REALLY BAD. I even have a Chinese baby carrier.

#52. When I am bored I like to bust out in song to the opening song of the Lion King. It always makes people Jump.

#53. I think the funniest think that I can do as a big sister is sneeze on my little sister. The funniness of the situation multiplies if she is driving.

#54. I love Mariah Carey. Her songs got me through Jr. High.

#55. I won royalty in High school and it was one of the worst nights in my high school career.

#56. I can't drink alcohol anymore. Every time I try it makes me WAY sicker than it used too. I am now reserving alcohol for shots with my Dad and the occasional slow beer.

#57. I did not celebrate my 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, or 20th birthdays.

#58. I love Martha Stewart. I think that she is smarter than anyone gives her credit for.

#59.One of my female heroes is Gilda Radner. She was one of the original cast members on SNL and wrote for both them and Second City.

#60. Another one is Queen Elizabeth I. That woman kicked serious butt.

#61. My favorite animal is the frog. In elementary school I used to always have a stuffed frog in my pocket. It made sixth grade easier.

#62. I swam in high school and was team captain my senior year.

#63. The best way I know how to so my love is through "mothering" people. That's why if you are my friend you have more than likely gotten baked goods from me. If not, ask for baked goods and you shall receive.

#64. I make really good jam. And Usually make it to Jam Band music. HA!

#65. I need an average of 10 hours of sleep to get through the day. Rick hates that about me.

#66. I love the Today Show. I have watched it everyday since college.

#67. I have tried out for the "Real World".

#68. A hippie tried to fight me once at a Tom Petty concert. Tell me that's not ironic. And very disrespectful towards Tom.

#70. The worst person I ever saw in concert was Andrew W. K. There is a good reason why he is not making music anymore.

#71. The second worst concert I have ever been to was Slightly Stoopid. Their fans suck, and are super rude.

#72. I cannot say the best concert I have been to. But two of the greatest times were at moe. and Yonder Mountain. And the Stones.

#73. I love tea. It makes me feel like I am back in China.

#74. I like Dunkin Donuts coffee better than Starbucks.

#75. I don't like pork dumplings. They were the one food that made me deathly ill overseas. Looking at them makes me nauseous.

#76. I get nauseous every time I drive to the airport to fly out. This is because when my mom drove me to the airport to fly to China for the summer I got so nervous I threw up.

#77. My medicine cabinet still has tons of medicine I got when I was overseas. The Chinese know how to design things that will clean you out!!!

#78. I watch "What Not to Wear" in hopes of dressing myself better.

#79. I love Old Navy. The majority of my clothes are from there.

#80. The majority of my clothes used to be from salvation army or from hippies, until i got an actual adult job.

#81. During college it was REALLY rare when I would shower two days in a row. Many times I would forget when the last time I showered was.

#82. In the winter, the homeless of Laramie would sleep in the Basement of my apartment building. I never told my parents cause I knew they would make me move.

#83. In college I glued my tongue to the roof of my mouth using denture glue. I was stuck so long my friends almost took me to the ER.

#84. I have had three near death experiences. I am on my forth life.One of my near death experiences was me accidentally hanging myself in the woods. Long story, just know I didn't mean to and that I gave my dad quiet the scare.

#85 I used to win the UW Stand Up Comedy contest in help pay for stuff in college.

#86. The way I got my puppy was that my dad accidentally shot my old dog. It was the first time in a long time I was mad at my father. To make up for it he let me pick any puppy I wanted out of the litter his dogs had before he put them on sale. I picked Lucy right when she was born. We have in insuperable ever since.

#87. I really want to have a Tree House Office.

#88. My favorite Disney movie is Robin Hood. For me Robin Hood will always be a fox.

#89. I can sleep anywhere. I have a pretty impressive list of all the weird places I have slept in.

#90. My favorite Nintendo games are the Zelda Games. They are all pretty similar but all just as fun!!

#91. I have all of my parents bad characteristics. Its a running joke in my house.

#92. I am also terrified to pass them down to my kids.

#93. I am really good at Guitar Hero and the Guitar in Rock Band.

#94. I don't like flip phones. They are too tiny. That's why I was so excited for the Envy to come out. The block phone was back!!

#95. The best meal I ever had was at Rumba's Cafe in Washington DC. If I can I would like it to be my last meal on earth.

#96. My Christmas tree matches and I love it!! I always wanted a theme Christmas tree.

#97."Bohemian Rhapsody" is a song that really relaxes me.

#98. I have never smoked Pot but I did experience a contact high at The Rolling Stones Concert my mother took me to for my 18th birthday. And like a good mother, she bought me Wendys afterwards.

#99. I think wearing glasses is more environmentally friendly than contacts. That's why I wear glasses.

#100. I find it peaceful to travel alone. But always enjoy traveling with friends. Or Husbands.

#101. I like candles that smell like apple pie.

#102. I love NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams. I do my best to watch it every night.

#103. I Check www.cuteoverload.com everyday. It is super cute!!!

#104. My mother never let me watch beauty pageants on TV growing up. I would always try to spend the night at other girls houses so I could watch them. Never worked.

#105. I am a certified substitute teacher. I would I would get more jobs cause I am kind of broke!

#106. I bought a diamond ring with my high school graduation money. That way if I ever really needed money I always had something to pawn. If I had it to do over again I would have bought stock in Google.

#107. I'm allergic to all medications with Sulfa. Another bad characteristic from Dad! ;)

#108. My favorite number is 13.

#109. I turned 13 on Friday the 13th. Everyone at school thought I was bad luck and no one came to my party.

#110. I graduated with eight letters on my high school Letterman's jacket. Four in swimming, One in Speech and Debate, one In Theater, and Two in Improv. I was a huge nerd! I'm still a huge nerd.

#111. I'm gonna change the world! I just know it.

#112. I used to be able to speak Chinese really well. Sadly, I have lost that with time.

#113. I cried when I saw my first Claude Monet in person.

#114. I buy a shot glass for my dad from every location I have been to. This way when he is old and drinking with his friends he will be able to remember all the places I've been.

#115. I bought Disney's Christmas Carol so that my future kids could watch it. It's a lot shorter than I remember.

#116. I miss Tim Russert every Sunday.

#117. I hate Trivial Pursuit. I am really bad at it and hate loosing.

#118. I have my debit card memorized. This is both very handy and very detrimental to my financial world.

#119. I fast on Good Friday. It just seems right.

#120. I want to be the mother of little boys. They are so sweet and so much fun. And I will be really good a 5 year old football and my knowledge of comic book heroes will make me cool.

#121. I love the month of May I think it is the Prettiest month. Everything Blooms and makes me happy and allergic. But most of all happy.

#122. I want a tree in my yard that Blooms flowers but is strong and short enough for children to climb.

#123. I love love seats. Its like someone made a couch that's Lindsay Sized.

#124. I miss doing Improv onstage. That was the hardest thing to let go from high school.

#125. From March 21 to the time it snows I NEED to be in some type of sandal. In fact that reminds me that I need to get my Chacos resoled. Maybe I'll just get a new pair. You can never have to many Chacos.

There's a blog for ya!

0 comments: