Friday, February 13, 2009

24. The Year of Jack Bauer.


As I nurse a headache and drink green tea, I am still in awe...How did I manage to have such a great birthday?!

Everything was in the works for it to be awful. Tons of snow. Barely any RSVPS. Struggling with a dirty house. Yet some how I got more than 10 people in my house. That never happens!! And I was nervous because the group of people I had was so diverse and different, but not only did everyone had a good time, they socialized with each other and had more of a good time.

There are of coarse the awesome awkward moments that made the night. Me trying to open a bottle of champagne with my pocket knife. My mother thinking that nearly all my male friends were gay. Karaoke. Getting my sister's boyfriend to buy me an $8.00 drink. My sister telling me not to eat my birthday dessert and my best friend telling her to shove it!

So to everyone everywhere who wrote me, facebooked me, came out with me, bought me drinks, gifts, or even just showed up: The little girl inside of me says thank you. Thank you for providing me with memories that will last a lifetime and correct the damage of the past, and right a few wrongs.

Thank you.

Oh, and starting now, If you get in my way I am going to cut out your eye and scream, "WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR?!"

0 comments: