Monday, March 9, 2009

Uncle Sam, And I, want Taxes


Alright,

Everything is starting to fall into place. Roommate, check! Acceptance, check! Husband on board, check! Can afford it......ehh.....

Before we know that we have to fill out some silly little thing called a FAFSA!! A FAFSA is an all knowing document that will magically tell the government and YOU! how much you can afford for school! And thank goodness, because I definitely needed a third party to come in and tell me how broke I am!!

The problem with FAFSA is for them to tell you how broke you are you first have to fill your federal taxes. Also known as a third party to tell you how much money you DIDN'T make last year. Once you have them done, then you can have the Taxes third party tell the FAFSA third party about your financial state, and then the FAFSA third party will tell you how broke you are for school. YAY!!

The reason that this is not done yet is because I imagine it is the same as getting measured for a wedding Tux. It is uncomfortable, and if someone else picked it out it is more than likely the ugliest thing you have seen. You spent the session imagining how ridiculous you look, and how your feet pinch in the shoes. Then with all of that you have a sweaty man with a tape measurer informing you on how fat you are and how your inseam in incredibly short. Thanks dude. Guess what, my mirror tells me the same thing everyday.

That is why I have been hiding from Uncle Sam and his stupid financial tape measurer. However, the sooner I get these two things done, the sooner I will know if I can afford school, the sooner I will be able to move on with some goals or let go of them and plan new ones. Sometimes even if you know the answer, you have to plug your ears and let the third parties do their talking. Even if you know what they are going to say.

We'll see. Pray for miracles. Cause at this point I am wondering if it is the only way for it to work.

0 comments: