Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Sponsored Child is Gone!!!

I didn't think it was even possible.

Above it my OLD sponsored child Suedi Suedi Ibrahim. He was wonderful. He would send me Christmas cards and was super sweet. I picked him because he was wearing a batman T-Shirt. I thought it was a sign from God.

Yesterday I got a letter in the mail explaining that my sponsored child had moved, and that I needed to pick a new one. It also came with a grieving brochure about how to let go of your sponsored child and move on with a new one. Which I appreciated.

There was a number to call for more information so I did. I wanted to know what happened to my little African sidekick. Turns out his family moved away without notice. That they have been trying to find them for weeks with no luck. Suedi and his family vanished in the night.

This has left me very distraught. Where's Suedi? Is he okay? Did he get kidnapped and his family went to find him? Were they relocated for work? Will they have enough food? And I am left powerless, sitting in my comfy couch in my comfy house with anything a girl would want. Yet I feel powerless, and like I lost a little tiny piece of me.

It may sound stupid, but I sponsored Suedi for 4 years. I became attached to him. Somewhere in the world there was a little boy in a Batman shirt taken care of because of me. And now he is gone, and none of that is true anymore. It's all gone.

Now I am looking through pictures on the World Vision Website, trying to make a heartwrenching decision, which child will I help and which one will I turn away? There is a little boy named Rethabile from Lesotho that is in the lead. He has tears in the picture and he could break your heart just by looking at him. I cried when I saw it.

I just wish God would give me a sign who to save. Who to help. Like last time....

0 comments: