Monday, May 25, 2009

Tom Shoes, Everyone Should Own A Pair!

***Disclaimer: I know you would all hope that I would be writing about how the Bolder Boulder went today. But I knew ahead of time that I would be too tired. Count on it for tomorrow. But enjoy some randomness for today!!!***



Tom Shoes everyone!!

Tom Shoes is a Company where for every pair of shoes you buy, they will give a pair to a child in need of shoes. This is awesome because it protects many children from disease and gives them the opportunity to attend school, since many of their schools require shoes as part of their uniform.

As you may have noticed, I love anything and everything that pertains to helping others, so of coarse I want like 5 pairs. And some of them look awesome. But One cannot afford 5 pairs, not when they are trying to go to grad school. But I can buy a pair as a gift!! And I have a sister's B-Day coming up!!

The only problem is that my sister is nothing like me. Nothing. And she will admit this. She is very fashionable, stylish, and loves the world of heels. And I am well...not. She's awesome at being a girl and girlie things and I am well...not. I have great taste in music and love jam bands and Amber does...Not...I mean we like a lot of the same music and then there is this sub universe where our IPods fight.

SO I had to stop and think, will my sister even like these shoes? I mean they are totally up my alley. Eco friendly, helps someone else, comfortable, not a heel. But Amber? I could totally see her opening these up and going, "These are ugly! I helped a kid get ugly shoes?!" So I had to call her am make sure that they were something she would actually wear...

And the best part is that they are! She's totally excited for them. She even picked out the same pair I was going to buy for myself. Lovely! I forgot how much I love and miss my big sister. I have resolved this year to call and see her more. She has moved to northern Denver so to get to her house is only about an hour and 10 minutes. That is not bad and totally doable. I miss my opposite.

But anyway. Get online! Buy some shoes! There is a pair for any occasion and can match any wardrobe. And best of all a child will get their own pair of shoes, get to attend school, and overall get to have a better life, just by having their feet protected.

Do it NOW!!!

0 comments: