Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bolder Boulder, The Recap....


It is all said and done and frankly I looked good doing it...

There is alot to recap from beginning to End but instead of just writing beginning to end about the race, I think that I will do it in List Form!


Things that were NOT helpful

1. People running dressed in costume. I will completely own that I was taking this thing way to seriously, but come on. You are making a mockery of my struggle.

2. People with hoses wanting to spray me. I have enough Body weight, I have no need to carry water weight as well! What are you thinking?! And Now I have to run farther JUST to get away from you! Get back in your house!



3. Arrogant people....Fine, go sprinting for the first .2 miles, you have 6 more to go! Tortoise and the Hare, People! Tortoise and the Hare...

4. Hills....Uphill is hard and the first half is all uphill! Which makes you feel like a TOTAL loser!! But if you run it smart you will catch all those people in the end. I promise. See #3 above.


Things that WERE helpful.

1. College kids passing out cups of Vodka....From the bottom of my heart thank you and God bless. You have no idea how great that helped. The only thing better would be if you were passing out Narcotics!

2. People with Marshmallows....Yes I would love to catch it with my mouth while running!! What fun!! And frankly refreshing!

3. Running with my Ipod. This is a big "NoNo" in the Bolder Boulder because they want you to be able to hear things if something happens. But It really helped me get outta freakin' myself outta the race! I just put on the podcast that I trained to and had my virtual coach get me to the end.

4. People running dressed in costume. It made you easy to remember when I passed your cocky face on mile 5!

5. The 5 k Marker!

6. Shoes!

7. The course between mile marker 4 and 6. God Bless the person who designed that, may you have many children! Totally easy run! Well, it felt easy...that might have been the vodka...It is nearly all downhill and in the heart of Boulder and is totally easy and fun to run! I think that might have been my best mile time!

8. People Dressed as mascots cheering you on...I hugged all of them. They were both surprisingly comfy and comforting!

9. People watching with puppies and/or dogs. All puppies possess recharging people power! It is way easier to run when you are passing cute puppies as you run by. It's like a live Cuteoverload.com! (See Sidebar)



10. Live Bands...Again, Thank you! Especially the band whose act was entirely all Blues Brothers. And they truly looked like them! I would have stopped for a picture but it would have slowed me down!

And Last but certainly not least....



An entire stadium of people, equal to the population of Cheyenne, cheering you on as you cross the finish line. That orange banner you see there is the finish, you finish in front of them all while they cheer you to do your best. I kinda want to imagine that is what heaven will be like; Me sprinting in while everyone whose already is there cheers and reaches over to give me high fives as I pass. Awesome.

Now as you may remember the goal was not just to run the race. That would have been easy. No, The goal was to beat my 2007 time. So the question is, Did Lindsay beat her previous time of 1:57.48?

The Answer...

Yes...

Coming in at a whopping 1:43.23 is Lindsay Canterbury Simineo!! That is about a 15 minute difference. So we can add this one to the conquered list and call it a day. Thank God, thank college kids for vodka. Yeah, it was nice not having to countdown workouts today. And that a goal was accomplished. Go me. Go us.

Thanks for reading about it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So proud of you! Super ejoyed the list. I laughed out loud, for real!
Love you lady!

Stephanie said...

Way to go girl! You inspire me!

Anonymous said...

rock on! -jay